This is a simple tutorial for making a pretty flower bow with satin ribbon. Satin ribbon is slippery, so for making this bow it’s important to make firm knots to get a nice job done.
A small freezing bag wire
How to do it?
- Cut 2 sections of ribbon. A long one (about 40 inches), and a short one (about 10 inches).
- With the long section, make bows, like if you were designing butterfly wings. Keep doing the same kind of folding until you reach the end of the ribbon section. Then, hold tight in the middle.
- There’s where the small freezing bag wire shows itself useful. Without lashing, make a knot with it in the middle of your bow.
- Make your “butterfly wings” fluffy.
- Cover the useful (yet not that pretty) freezing bag wire with the shorter ribbon section.
The great thing about this satin ribbon flower bow, is that you can use it along other ribbon bows to create amazing projects (scrapbooking, gift wrapping or simply decoration). So try it in different colors and combinations.
Remember to visit our other posts with tutorials and curated crafting content.